2019 was an unusual year. It was the year where you could make money investing in just about anything because almost everything delivered a profit. For example, if you had invested in the S&P500, you would have been looking at about a 29% return. Corporate bonds in the US delivered almost a 15% return. It was the best year since 2013.
And so after a year like 2019, we should ask ourselves two questions. First, why did we see such great returns? And second, will this trend continue?
Ian Wyatt is ready to answer these questions. He analyzes the performance of different stocks, how actions of the Fed affected the stock market, and future expectations for the S&P500 index.
Here’s a glimpse of what you’ll learn:
- [00:55] What happened in 2019
- [02:42] Why did we see such great returns in 2019?
- [06:41] Consumers are willing to support the economy
- [09:23] Expectations for the S&P500 index
- [12:41] Risks & warning signs for the year ahead
- [15:01] Market expectations & risks for 2020
- [17:36] How the stock market is set up for 2020
- [20:44] The year 2020 for investors
Resources Mentioned on this episode
Sponsor for this episode
This episode is brought to you by Daily Profit. Ian Wyatt’s Daily Profit wants to help you become a better investor by sharing with you his lessons learned from my many successes and failures.
Plus, with 20+ years as an investment research analyst, they’ve developed a deep network of financial professionals. This means that they are able to tap into a vast group of experts to bring you unique and actionable ideas that you won’t find elsewhere.
All you have to do is go to DailyProfit.com and sign up for Ian’s free e-letter to get access to his top investment ideas and favorite growth sectors.